Thursday, February 01, 2007

Tragic Incidence. =(

My dad lost the Olympus camera today in the Reef. If only he tied it around his hand properly.. According to him, it slipped off his hand and I was scuba diving while it happened...so I couldn’t hold the camera. And we bought that camera like weeks ago.

This part of the reef we went was much nicer than the one we went to the other day. And we went to two places today. 1st, MichaelMas Reef (I think that’s what it’s called) and Paradise Reef. And Paradise Reef was the best! Only thing was, my dad lost the camera in the other place before even coming to Paradise Reef.

But none the less, I went Scuba diving today for close to an hour… touched a few things like the Giant clam and I saw a small sting ray and! I Was like SO close to a Garupa. How cool is that! I went with a different instructor so I didn’t get to see a Turtle like the other group saw… And greatest thing would be, if I saw it, I would have touched it but oh well… But all that was in MichaelMas Reef. And the scuba diving was expensive in MichaelMas so I decided not to go for the diving in Paradise but I sorta wished I went for the diving in Paradise instead of the other place cuz there’s more things to see in Paradise and Emma ( one of the instructors ) came back up saying she saw a shark. But a small one of course…* so as you can see, I missed a lot * but according to one of the crew members on board the boat, I was quite lucky to get a one to one scuba dive with the instructor cuz the people in my group were too scared to down so they did their free 10 minutes and went up while I continued alone… but with Simon of course (:
( the instructor )

And After all that, I got a Certificate for scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef =)
It was really fun. I enjoyed today a LOT!

P.S : oh yeah. Today's my mum's and dad's wedding anniversary! =D

No comments

© Samantha Claire Yee
Maira Gall